Lobelia contains an alkaloid called lobeline. Because of lobeline’s similarity to nicotine, the herb is comonly used as an aid in quitting cigarettes. Lobeline binds to nicotine receptors in the brain, thus soothing tough smoking cravings. The use of lobelia may be dangerous to susceptible populations, including children, pregnant women, and individuals with cardiac disease. Excessive use can cause nausea and vomiting. It is not recommended for use by pregnant women and is best administered by a practitioner qualified in its use.
Other benefits and effects of Lobelia:
- Lobelia can be used to get relief from several respiratory ailments
- It can be used to eliminate toxins from the human body
- Lobelia is also used in topical ways to alleviate muscle pain and joint lumps triggered by rheumatoid arthritis
- Lobelia has been used extensively as a smoking cessation product in the market
- The herb eases muscles and improves the blood flow in the human body
- Apart from its medicinal usage, a lot of people plant lobelia in their gardens for the plant’s sheer beauty.
consult your physician before attempting to heal a serious condition, also if you are on medication such as antidepressants
Buy Smokable Herbs
Product Containing Lobelia
Get To Know The Herbs
Blue Lotus Flower: Purple Tranquility in an Herbal Smoke
Saint Johns Wort
Red Raspberry Leaf